Learn to make Air Fryer Baked Apples for a quick and healthy dessert that everyone loves. This apple dessert is full of cinnamon flavor with a crunchy and sweet oat filling. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 Red or green apples
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray the inside of your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Wash your apples and cut them in half. Use a spoon or melon baller to scoop out the seeds and the core of each half of the apple
- Lay the apples skin side down in the basket of your air fryer. If the apples don’t want to lay flat, you can slice a tiny amount of the skin off to help them balance. Bake them for 10 minutes at 350°F for 10 minutes to soften.
- While the apples are baking, combine the oats, coconut oil, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- After the 10 minutes are up, open the air fryer basket. Use a spoon to divide the oat mixture between the apples (about 1 ½ tablespoons per apple half).
- Close the air fryer and cook the apples for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let the apples cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- If you want to make a topping for your baked apples, you can use dairy-free whipped cream (or regular whipped cream if you aren’t dairy-free or vegan).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer dessert, air fryer apples, baked apples with oat filling