When you want a quick and delicious snack, try this recipe for Air Fryer Bananas. The sweet fruit gets coated with sugar and cinnamon and caramelized with a golden crispy crust that tastes like a healthy Bananas Foster. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Peel your bananas and lay them on a cutting board. Cut each banana in half and then cut each halved section down the middle lengthwise.
- Place your peeled and halved bananas into a bowl.
- Then, in a small bowl, combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Stir gently to combine.
- Add the melted coconut oil, sugar, and cinnamon to the bananas. Gently toss to combine. You can also use a pastry brush to coat the bananas with the mixture as opposed to tossing them, if you prefer.
- Lay a piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper in the bottom of your air fryer basket. Poke a few holes in the foil or paper to help the hot air circulate.
- Place your coated banana halves in a single layer on top of the aluminum foil or paper. Set the time to 375°F for 5 minutes.
- After the five minutes are up, turn the bananas over and cook them for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until they have started to caramelize and turn a golden brown.
- Serve warm. These Air Fryer Bananas are great plain or topped with your choice of ice cream or whipped cream.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe depending on how may servings you want to make.
- Air fried bananas are best served right after they are done cooking.
- If you don’t have coconut oil and aren’t on a vegan or dairy-free diet, you can also use melted butter or ghee in this recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer bananas with coconut sugar, air fryer banana dessert, healthy bananas foster