- 4–6 chicken drumsticks (about 1 to 1.5 pounds)
- 2/3 cup prepared BBQ sauce, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Remove the chicken from its packaging. Use paper towels to pat the chicken drumsticks dry.
- Then, place the chicken in a bowl or plastic bag with 1/3 cup of the BBQ sauce. Make sure the chicken is completely coated with the sauce.
- Then, spray your air fryer basket lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Use tongs to transfer the chicken legs to the air fryer. Set the temperature to 360°F for 15 minutes.
- After the first 15 minutes, open the basket and use tongs to turn the legs over. Use a brush to brush on the additional BBQ sauce over the chicken legs. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken leg reads at least 165°F.
- Use clean tongs to transfer the cooked chicken to a serving plate and serve hot.
- Some air fryer models need to be preheated. Please refer to the owner’s manual of your particular model to see if you need to preheat it before using.
- This recipe can easily be doubled depending on the size of your air fryer. Try not to let the chicken legs overlap each other.
- Store any leftover cooked chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, be sure to read the label of the prepared BBQ sauce to make sure it is certified gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: BBQ Chicken, air fryer chicken, chicken drumsticks