Are you looking for a delicious, hassle-free dinner option? Look no further than your air fryer! This blog post will show you how to make perfectly crispy Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs. You’ll be amazed at how simple and tasty this dish is – your family will love it!
- 4–6 chicken drumsticks (about 1 to 1.5 pounds)
- 2/3 cup prepared BBQ sauce, divided
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Remove the chicken from its packaging. Use paper towels to pat the chicken drumsticks dry.
- Then, place the chicken in a bowl or plastic bag with 1/3 cup of the BBQ sauce. Make sure the chicken is completely coated with the sauce.
- Then, spray your air fryer basket lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Use tongs to transfer the chicken legs to the air fryer. Set the temperature to 360°F for 15 minutes.
- After the first 15 minutes, open the basket and use tongs to turn the legs over. Use a brush to brush on the additional BBQ sauce over the chicken legs. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken leg reads at least 165°F.
- Use clean tongs to transfer the cooked chicken to a serving plate and serve hot.
- Some air fryer models need to be preheated. Please refer to the owner’s manual of your particular model to see if you need to preheat it before using.
- This recipe can easily be doubled depending on the size of your air fryer. Try not to let the chicken legs overlap each other.
- Store any leftover cooked chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, be sure to read the label of the prepared BBQ sauce to make sure it is certified gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: BBQ Chicken, air fryer chicken, chicken drumsticks