- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound tilapia fish filets, or your choice of white fish
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 ripe avocadoes, sliced
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- ½ red cabbage, sliced thinly
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed and leaves chopped
- Spray the inside or your air fryer basket lightly with the nonstick cooking spray. Set the basket aside while you prepare the fish.
- Place a double layer of dry paper towels on a cutting board or a large plate. Place the fish on top and then use another paper towel to pat dry the fish.
- In a small bowl, combine the cayenne pepper, ground cumin, garlic powder, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish with the seasoning mix.
- Then, place the fish inside your air fryer basket, making sure the fish filets do not overlap to ensure even cooking.
- Set the temperature to 400°F and cook for 6 minutes. Then, flip the fish and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Use tongs to remove the fish to a serving plate. Then, assemble the tacos.
- Divide the fish between the corn tortillas, and then top with sliced avocado, salsa, cabbage, and fresh cilantro.
- Some people like to chop or break up the cooked fish before adding them to the tacos. It is personal preference.
- Store any leftover cooked fish in a covered container up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: air fryer tilapia, fish tacos in air fryer