- 1 batch curly kale, washed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Remove the leaves from the stems of the kale and place them in a medium bowl.
- Add the olive oil, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to massage the toppings into the kale leaves.
- Pour the kale into the basket of your air fryer and cook on 390 degrees F for 6-7 minutes, or until they are crispy.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- If you are using a small air fryer, then cook your kale chips in two batches. You don’t want to overfill the air fryer basket.
- You can use other types of kale besides curly kale, but curly kale works best.
- Store your cooked kale chips in a zip-top bag for up to 5 days.
- If you don’t have nutritional yeast or you don’t like it, just leave it out of the recipe.
- OVEN INSTRUCTIONS: You can make kale chips in an oven. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F for about 12-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: cheesy kale chips, air fried kale chips, kale chips using nutritional yeast