When meal prepping for the week, you’ve got to try these Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Breasts that can be sliced and served on a salad or with any other side dish you like. This easy and healthy recipe only has two ingredients!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large pieces)
- 1/4 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken breasts and teriyaki sauce. Use tongs to move the chicken breasts around so they get fully coated on all sides with the sauce.
- Spray the basket of your air fryer lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F for several minutes.
- Then, use your tongs to lay the chicken breasts in the basket of your air fryer.
- Set the timer to 8 minutes. Then, flip the chicken breasts and cook them for another 8 minutes, or until they have started to turn a golden brown.
- Turn off the air fryer and let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- If you want to ensure that your chicken is cooked through, you can always test them with an instant read thermometer that should read a minimum of 165 degrees F.
- When buying a bottle of teriyaki sauce, read the label to be sure that it is gluten-free, if necessary.
- Store any leftover cooked chicken in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fried chicken breast, meal prep chicken breast, chicken in air fryer