This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
Nutrition Expert Amy Pieczarka, RDN, is on episode #12 of the Clean Eating for Women podcast to discuss Alcat Food Sensitivity Testing.
You can listen here or using your favorite podcast app (click through to my site here if you don’t see the player below):
In this episode of the Clean Eating for Women podcast, we talk about:
- How food sensitivities can cause chronic effects including weight gain for no reason
- The difference between food allergies and food sensitivities
- How most people can benefit from the Alcat test and results
Some highlights of this episode:
- How Amy discovered that testing for food sensitivities would be a great help for her clients and an important tool in finding root causes of problems. [03:44]
- Cell Science Systems is the laboratory that does the Alcat test and how they put the recommendations into practice. [04:15]
- How allergies are associated with antibodies and the reaction and symptoms often happen within minutes to an hour later. [06:10]
- Sensitivities involve the innate immune system and the symptoms are more delayed. They could come up hours or days later and aren’t as profound but they can be chronic. [07:06]
- How food sensitivities cause inflammation which is a major contributing factor to chronic issues. [11:48]
- Testing is required to pinpoint symptoms that are being experienced on a daily basis. Food sensitivity is a piece of the puzzle, and the Alcat test takes the guesswork out of the process. [14:18]
- The Alcat test measures white blood cell response. Leukocyte activation is measured as they are introduced to the food extracts. This indicates an inflammatory response. [16:22]
- How consuming the same food everyday can cause food sensitivities. [22:56]
- The Alcat test includes colored coded results. Red is reactive and green is all the foods that you can have. To begin, focus on eating the green foods and follow the rotation plan on the second page to not bombard the immune system everyday. [25:36]
Don’t miss new blog posts! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise.