- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin tin lightly with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt, and walnuts. Whisk together the ingredients and then set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Stir to combine and then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Stir the batter and then divide it between the muffin wells.
- Bake the muffins for 25-28 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins start to turn a golden brown.
- Let the muffins cool for about 10 minutes in the muffin tin, and then remove them to a serving plate.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- Store any leftover muffins in a covered container on the countertop for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- You can replace the regular egg with a flax egg to make this recipe plant-based and vegan.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Grain-Free
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: grain-free muffins, banana bread muffins, almond flour muffins