Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies are easy to make, and are a delicious, crispy treat. This recipe is paleo, vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and gluten-free.
The base of these cookies uses almond flour, which is made from blanched almond that are ground into flour. It can be difficult to find organic almond flour at the market, so I usually buy the organic almond four online.
The ingredients for these gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate chip cookies are really simple. You might even have all of these ingredients in your kitchen right now!
And, by the way, you might also want to check out my almond flour Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that is similar to this one.
This recipe is so easy, it actually comes from my 2nd cookbook, The Quick & Easy Healthy Cookbook, available on Amazon. I’m a firm believer that healthy food shouldn’t take too long to make, and that includes desserts too.
To make these cookies, all you have to do is combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir it up by hand, and then use your hands to form 24 cookies shapes with the batter.
Then, just bake the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and they’ll be ready to eat in just 15 short minutes.
You can even freeze the leftovers for up to 2 months in a zip-top bag. I guarantee that these cookies are going to be a winner in your household.
No, because coconut flour acts very differently than almond flour. If you have coconut flour you want to use, you can try my Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Muffins though!
Yes, absolutely. A chia egg is made by mixing 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Let is set for 10 minutes before using in place of a regular egg or a flax egg.
More Healthy Cookie Recipes You Might Like
If you liked this recipe, you might like my other healthy cookie recipes, including:
- Banana-Sweetened Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Energy Balls
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Nut Butter Cookies
Watch me make these cookies on YouTube!
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
These Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies are easy to make, and are a delicious, crispy treat. This recipe is paleo, vegan-friendly, grain-free, and gluten-free.
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, warmed
- 1 egg, beaten (use a flax egg for vegan)*
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (look for dairy-free and vegan chocolate chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, sugar, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to form 24 tablespoon-size balls and lay them on the cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies have turned golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet and let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
- *To make a flax egg, mix together 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Let the egg set for about 10 minutes before using.
- To freeze any leftovers, let the cookies cool completely. Add them to a zip-top bag and freeze them up to 2 months.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan almond flour cookies, gluten free cookies, grain free cookies
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.