If you’re looking for a cancer-fighting smoothie, then you need this recipe. My Anti-Cancer Green Breakfast Smoothie is dairy-free and vegan with frozen broccoli.
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- 1 cup frozen strawberries or sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh pomegranate arils
- 1 1-inch knob fresh ginger
- 2 cups fresh salad greens or lightly steamed kale, spinach, or collard greens
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup frozen raw broccoli florets
- juice of one lime
- Combine hemp seeds and water in the base of a high-speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec.
- Next, add the frozen banana, frozen strawberries or cherries, and pomegranate arils.
- Lastly, add the ginger, greens, mint, cocoa powder, broccoli, and lime juice.
- Place the lid on the blender and blend until smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
You can store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. The smoothie is best served immediately, however, to benefit from the most cancer-fighting compounds.