This delicious Gluten Free Apple Pear Crisp is the perfect dessert for cooler weather. This recipe is also dairy-free and vegan, with a light and flaky topping.
For the fruit base:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 medium sweet red apples, such as Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Gala
- 2 large pears
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice (from about ½ of a medium lemon)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
For the crumble:
- ¾ cup cassava flour, or your favorite gluten-free flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 8”x 8” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Chop the apples and pears into bite-sized pieces and place in a medium mixing bowl. Stir the lemon juice and raisins with the chopped apple and pear and pour into the baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the fruit is baking, make the crumble topping.
- Combine the cassava flour, baking powder, cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut oil in a medium mixing bowl.
- Use your fingers to mix the ingredients together to form the crumb topping.
- Carefully remove the baking dish from the oven and dollop the crumb topping on top.
- Place the baking dish back in the oven, uncovered, for another 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- The topping will not be super crumbly, but more like a biscuit topping that will rise a little bit when it is baked.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: how to make a grain-free fruit cobbler using cassava flour, grain free dessert, gluten free vegan fruit bake