- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or your choice of milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 ripe avocado, with the peel and pit removed
- 1 frozen banana, broken in half
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice (optional, if you prefer a thicker smoothie)
- In the base of a high-speed blender, combine the almond milk, maple syrup, avocado, banana, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and ice (optional, for a thicker smoothie).
- Process on high for 30 seconds, or until the ingredients are well combined and the texture is thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
- To make this smoothie a meal replacement, consider adding 1-2 scoops of your favorite unsweetened protein powder.
- If you are on a sugar-free diet, you can also leave out the maple syrup and use a few drops of stevia to sweeten.
- The nutritional info for this recipe does not include protein powder.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: smoothie with avocado, vegan chocolate smoothie, dairy-free protein smoothie