- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 1 regular egg or 1 vegan egg*
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 minced or crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the lentils, egg, sunflower seeds, mushrooms, almond flour, garlic, onion, olive oil, salt, and pepper in the base of a food processor.
- Process on high for about 45 seconds, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides. The lentils should be broken down almost completely.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and then use your hands to form six patties. Don’t worry if the mixture is very wet, it will firm up as it bakes.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 35 minutes or until the tops are golden brown, flipping the patties once during the baking process.
- After 35 minutes, remove the baking sheet and let the patties cool for a few minutes before serving.
- VEGAN: *replace the egg with a flax egg made by combining 1 tablespoon of ground flax with 3 tablespoons of water. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes to thicken before using.
- Be sure to use green or brown lentils for this recipe. Do not use red or yellow lentils.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Plant-based
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: vegetarian burgers, plant-based burger, vegan lentil burger recipe