When you want a quick treat that you can make in just a few minutes, try this Banana Peanut Butter Nice Cream. You don’t even need an ice cream maker for this vegan and dairy-free dessert.
- 3 large frozen bananas, broken into large chunks
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- Combine the frozen banana chunks, maple syrup, and peanut butter in the base of a food processor.
- Lock on the lid and turn on high. Let the processor run for a few minutes, or until the mixture is completely smooth and creamy.
- Resist the temptation to add liquid to the food processor. You’ll need to run it for a good 4-5 minutes until the bananas start to break down and form the soft serve consistency.
- Serve immediately.
- This ice cream recipe is best served immediately after making it. Any leftovers will freeze very hard. If you do freeze it, you may need to let it sit on the countertop for up to 10 minutes to soften.
- Want a chocolate peanut butter version? Just add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the mixture before you blend.
- You can also make a chocolate chip version by adding a handful of chocolate chips to the food processor when it’s almost done processing.
- Be sure to use a natural peanut butter. Regular peanut butter is often made with lots of added sugars and oils.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana soft serve, banana nice cream, vegan banana ice cream