Here’s how to make homemade beet powder in your kitchen.
- 1 pound fresh whole red beets, scrubbed well and patted dry (about 4 medium sized beets)
- Use a sharp knife to cut off the tops and bottoms of the beets.
- Then, use a mandolin or your knife to slice the beets thinly.
- Place the beet slices on two baking sheets, trying not to overlap the slices. You can also put them on dehydrator trays.
- Then, bake or dehydrate the beets at 180°F, or on your oven’s lowest setting. It may take up to 24 hours to get the beet slices completely dried out.
- Then, place the dried beet slices into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S blade. Process on high for about 30-45 seconds, or until the beet slices have transformed into a fine beet powder.
- Transfer the beet powder to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to several months.
- As beets tend to stain, you may wish to wear plastic gloves when working with fresh beets.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 hours
- Category: Supplement
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: beet powder uses, beetroot powder recipes, how to make beet powder