This Best Vegan Brownie recipe will blow your mind! I used tofu to make it dairy-free and egg-free, not to mention gluten-free.
The Best Vegan Brownies Ever!
This is a recipe that I’ve been waiting for a few months to share with you. The reason it took me so long to post it? I had to test it several times to make it juuuuuust right! Poor me, having to “test” brownies…HA! It’s a tough life being a food blogger. 🙂
I even had a version that I made a few weeks ago, but my original formula ended up with a lighter, smoother consistency. There is a blend of coconut oil and applesauce in my final version, too, which I tested in several ratios to find the right one. In other words, I really do think after all that
work fun I’ve come up with a winning recipe.
This is what the batter of these babies looks like just before baking:
Granted, these brownies use a good amount of coconut sugar to sweeten, not to mention handfuls of vegan chocolate chips. But, they are good – and I mean, good. I’m calling them healthy since they have tofu for protein, and not a lot of unhealthy oils or cane sugar. They’ll be healthier if you don’t eat the whole pan, ha!
If you’re looking to cut back on the sugar, then I would suggest you substitute date sugar for the coconut sugar in this recipe and just leave out the chocolate chips.
The printable recipe for the Best Vegan Brownies is here:Print
These healthy vegan brownies will blow your mind, and impress your friends. It’s truly the best vegan brownie recipe!
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, plus an extra 1/3 to 1/2 cup for topping, if desired
- 12.3 ounce package silken tofu
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×8” baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Combine the gluten-free flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl. Use a whisk to combine.
- Next, place the tofu, almond milk, vanilla extract, and applesauce in the base of a blender or food processor and process until combined.
- Pour the mixture from the blender into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to stir together. Lastly, stir in the coconut oil.
- Transfer the batter into the baking dish, sprinkle the top with the extra chocolate chips (for extra sweetness, if desired) and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool thoroughly before serving for the best texture and flavor.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 100
For the best texture and sweetness, I recommend chilling the brownies complete before serving. That is, if you can wait that long. Enjoy!!!
Pin this Best Vegan Brownie recipe to save it for later!
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!