Oh hey, I’m 40 y.o. now(!). For whatever reason, I don’t make a big deal out of birthdays, but I kind of celebrated in little ways, like getting these flowers from the farmers’ market:
B-day flowers go great with a quick breakfast of gluten-free toast, peanut butter, green juice, and cold-brewed coffee (unpictured, but I am planning a “how-to” post on this):
All close up and personal:
On my actual birthday, I chose to spend it with Alan and two very close friends. We went hiking and I felt so much gratitude and zest for life being surrounded by loved ones, fresh air, and exquisite natural beauty:
A Mediterranean-style lunch was had:
I made my birthday cake, er, cookies (see recipe below):
- 1 cup almonds
- 6 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- Combine almonds, dates, currants, hemp seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, cocoa and maple syrup in a food processor and process until ingredients are combined.
- Pour coconut onto a plate. Use your hands to form the dough into 12 balls and roll each one in the coconut.
Dinner was my current fave dish: wild-caught baked salmon with white rice, steamed broccoli, and a generous serving of tahini:
Dessert was fresh fruit, these pineapple guava from a local roadside stand:
Some more fun stuff I’ve been seeing lately at the farmers’ market:
Ready for Halloween?
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance!