Smoothies are a great way to get in some extra fruit and nutrition. If you add protein powder, you’ve got the perfect breakfast on the go. This smoothie is unique because you can use fresh berries whereas most recipes call for frozen fruit.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (use dairy-free yogurt for dairy-free or vegan diets)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 ripe banana, broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup ice cubes (see notes)
- In the base of a high-speed blender, combine the milk, yogurt, strawberries, blackberries, and the banana. Add the ice if using.
- Blend on high for 30-45 seconds, or until thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
- You can easily double this recipe to make more servings.
- You can use whatever type of plant milk you like. If you aren’t on a dairy-free diet, you can use regular milk.
- If you use all fresh fruit in this smoothie, you’ll need to add ice to help make it thick. If you are using frozen berries, then you can leave out the ice.
- If you want to make this smoothie a meal replacement, then feel free to add 1-2 scoops of your favorite protein powder.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: smoothie, berries, protein shake, easy breakfast