- 1 12–ounce bag Brussels sprouts
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional, for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Trim your Brussels sprouts by cutting off the ends of each one and cutting them in half.
- In a large mixing, combine the Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Pour the vegetables onto the baking sheet. Bake for 28-30 minutes, stopping once to stir the vegetables around so they cook evenly. Keep an eye on the vegetables so they don’t burn.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to a serving dish and top with chopped walnuts and parsley (optional).
- Serve hot.
- You can double this recipe to make more servings. But, you will need to cook the vegetables on two baking sheets.
- This recipe is very versatile. Don’t like walnuts? Leave them off or use your favorite nut or seed instead. Pecans, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, chopped almonds, and sunflower seeds would also be delicious.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 278.6 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.5 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, roasted veggies, holiday side dish