These “California-style” Vegan Sushi Rolls are jam-packed with hummus, veggies, and flavor! They’re easy to make too, just spread out your ingredients and roll them up for a healthy and delicious lunch option.
I use toasted nori sheets that I buy in a package of 50 from my health food store. They don’t need to be warmed up or anything, you just lay them on a cutting board to fill them up (note: you can also buy untoasted nori, but I think they taste a little too much like seaweed when they’re raw).
I decided to make mine “California-style” with tons of shredded veggies, hummus, bell pepper, onion, and avocado. One of my latest healthy habits is shredding various vegetables in my food processor each week and then putting them into everything. Here is the giant container of cabbage and carrots I shredded that will be consumed this week:
It’s nice to start with some kind of creamy filling like my Roasted Garlic Hummus, for example. Then, you can just layer in your other veggies, being careful not to overfill. Just think of it like a burrito. 🙂
Some sliced red bell pepper, red onion, and avocado makes it even tastier. Then, when you are satisfied with your filling, you just roll up the nori and use a sharp knife to slice the roll in half:
The printable recipe:Print
A great on-the-go lunch option, filled with veggies and flavor.
- 4 toasted nori sheets
- 1/2 cup hummus (I recommend my roasted garlic hummus)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots and cabbage
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 medium avocado
- Place the nori sheets on a flat surface for filling. Slather the hummus on each sheet, topped with bell pepper, shredded vegetables, onion, and avocado.
- Roll each sheet into a burrito and use a sharp knife to slice each roll in half.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox. Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!