Instant Pot Candied Yams
If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious side dish that goes with almost any main dish, you’ll love this easy Instant Pot Candied Yams Recipe that is vegan, gluten-free, and paleo.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 36 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 3 medium yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced or chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the sliced or chopped yams or sweet potatoes in the base of a 6-quart pressure cooker.
- Add the orange juice, coconut sugar, ground, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 6 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 10 minutes. Then, use the quick-release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid. You can serve this dish right away, or let it cool for up to 10 minutes before serving.
You can easily double or triple this recipe.
Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Keywords: instant pot yams, candied yams, thanksgiving yams