Episode #9 of the Clean Eating for Women podcast includes an interview with Carly Johnson Brawner where we talk about healing from Hashimoto’s thyroiditis using holistic techniques.
You can listen here or using your favorite podcast app (click through to my site if you don’t see the player below):
In this episode of the Clean Eating for Women podcast with guest Carly Johnson Brawner:
- Thyroid disease and Hashimoto’s thyroiditis symptoms and how diet and lifestyle matter
- The importance of walking 30 minutes a day and moving your body
- Traveling, handling stress, and staying healthy during the holidays
Some highlights of this episode on healing from Hashimoto’s thyroiditis using holistic techniques:
- Carly shares how she was noticing strange symptoms like itchy skin, trouble swallowing, fatigue, and acne [03:47]
- After reading online health sites, Carly wanted to be tested for everything and discovered her TSH was 150, and she was diagnosed with hypothyroidism [05:49]
- Carly decided to fire her doctor who didn’t give her much information and insisted that medication was the only option. [07:36]
- A naturopath told Carly that she had Hashimoto’s, and he had her change her diet, reduce stress, move more, walk for 30 minutes a day, and look at things from a whole body perspective. [08:16]
- The importance of finding someone to optimize your body and monitor your thyroid. [18:55]
- Gut health and how candida overgrowth can cause Hashimoto’s and leaky gut [19:33]
- Bone broth and Collagen powder helped Carly heal her gut along with a real diet and reducing stress [24:33]
- Carly and her husband wanted to travel for a year and went to Chiang Mai, Thailand but her symptoms came back and they came home after not being able to find a place in New Zealand [30:32]
- How noise canceling headphones, essential oils, and a warm scarf can help combat stress during flights [37:08]
Links mentioned in this episode (some affiliate links included):
- Frolic & Flow Website
- @FrolicandFlow on Instagram
- Paleo f(x)
- Hypothyroid Mom
- BlueBlocker Sunglasses
- Enviromedica Ancient Minerals magnesium Goodnight (use code CLEANEATING1 for 15% off during checkout)
- Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour (use code CLEANEATING for discount during checkout)
Join the Clean Eating for Women Community!
- Clean Eating for Women episode index
- Clean Eating for Women Facebook Page
- Clean Eating for Women Podcast private Facebook Group (great for asking questions and connecting with me personally)
Don’t miss new blog posts! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise.