A fun twist on oatmeal!
- 1 cup gluten-free oats*
- ½ cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1–2 scoops collagen protein or your favorite protein powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- dairy-free yogurt (optional, for topping)
- Combine the oats, carrots, and almond milk in a medium-sized saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring the mixture to boil.
- Stir in the pumpkin pie spice and raisins and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook the oatmeal for about 6-7 minutes total, or until the oatmeal has thickened.
- Stir in the collagen protein or your favorite protein powder and the coconut butter, and serve hot. I like to serve mine with a drizzle of dairy-free yogurt for extra creaminess!
*I like to soak my oats overnight in filtered water and a bit of apple cider vinegar. Then, when I’m ready to cook the oats, I rinse them well in a strainer before adding them to my saucepan. This helps improve the digestibility of the oats. It’s an optional step for this recipe.