Have you ever wondered what you can do with the pulp leftover from juicing carrots? Try these delicious, healthy dehydrated Carrot Juice Pulp Crackers. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 cup almonds, soaked overnight, rinsed, and drained
- 2 cups firmly packed carrot pulp (from juicing about 1 pound of carrots)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 saffron threads (optional)
- 2 cups water
- Place almonds in a food processor and process on high until broken into medium crumbles.
- Add carrot pulp, ground flax seed, ground chia seeds, coconut aminos, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, dried onion, smoked paprika, and saffron threads (optional).
- Pulse ingredients to combine and then turn the processor on high, pouring in the water through the feeder tube. Add enough water that ingredients form a pourable dough.
- Divide the dough between two Teflex-lined dehydrator trays. Use an offset spatula to spread thinly. Dehydrate at 125 degrees for 2 hours.
- Use a knife to score the dough into cracker shapes and dehydrate for 8 hours at 115 degrees. Break the dough into crackers, flip, and bake for 6-8 more hours at 115 degrees.
- Store crackers in an air-tight container for up to 5-7 days.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 16 hours
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Dehydrator
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: how to make raw vegan crackers using carrot juice pulp, juice pulp crackers, raw vegan carrot crackers