These Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect healthy treat. They’re grain-free, which makes them naturally gluten-free, too!
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups) or 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gather your ingredients which include: cassava flour, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips, eggs, ripe bananas or applesauce, ghee or coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups or spray it lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cassava flour, baking powder, baking soda, and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Next, place the eggs, bananas or applesauce, melted ghee or coconut oil, and vanilla into a small mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to combine. If the batter is on the dry side, then you can always add a tablespoon or two of water to help it come together. It should be fairly thick.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin bake for 25 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature, and refrigerator or freeze leftovers.
Feel free to use applesauce or banana; I’ve tried it both ways. If you use banana, the muffins have a mild banana bread flavor.