This homemade cauliflower crust pizza is gluten-free and vegan! It makes pizza healthy!
- 1/2 head of large cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour or your favorite gluten-free flour
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor and process until completely broken down into the consistency of rice.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and saute the cauliflower “rice,” onion, and garlic for several minutes or until softened. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower mixture, almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, and garbanzo bean flour.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into a dough ball and then flatten out on the baking sheet into a pizza shape. You can either make one large pizza or two medium ones.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes or until it starts to become crisp on the outside. Remove from the oven and add toppings. Bake again at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve hot.
You can refrigerate half of the dough for up to several days if you want to make one at a time.
- Serving Size: 3 slices
- Calories: 150