This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
Jay Hartenbach, CEO of Medterra, is on the Clean Eating for Women podcast today to talk about CBD oil and the potential health benefits of these products.
For this new episode on Clean Eating for Women, you can listen here or using your favorite podcast app (or click here if you don’t see the player below):
In this episode of the Clean Eating for Women podcast, we talk about:
- The difference between marijuana and CBD from industrial hemp
- The legality of CBD oil and industrial hemp
- Health benefits of CBD products
Some highlights of this episode on CBD oil:
- Marijuana-related product products have 0.3% or higher THC, whereas hemp related products have less than 0.3% THC. Marijuana plants look significantly different than industrial hemp plants. Medterra gets their CBD from industrial plants. [02:33]
- THC is the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. There are some CBD products that have very small percentages of THC, but none of the Medterra products do. [03:21]
- [05:33] The endocannabinoid system in our body has receptors that react with cannabinoids. The ECS is an essential part of our bodies. Anything in our body can be out of balance resulting in a need for supplementation. The same thing can be said for the ECS system.
- Is CBD legal? After 2014, industrial hemp became legal to cultivate in the US. This kicked off the renaissance of CBD oil and products. Colorado and Kentucky are on the forefront of industrial cultivation. Industrial hemp in CBD are fully legal. [11:29]
- Medterra products are third-party lab tested for 0% THC. Their products are refined into CBD isolates. They certify that there is no THC, heavy metals, or solvents. [16:52]
- CBD can help with anxiety. It can be great for sleep. It also is said to help reduce inflammation. It has also been said to help with things like Parkinson’s and neuropathy. CBD is one of the strongest anti-inflammatory agents found naturally. [24:28]
- CBD use for pets. People have seen dramatic results giving their pets CBD for things like anxiety and arthritis. They are thinking about coming out with a pet line that isn’t as strong since animals are smaller. [27:50]
- Medterra products. A CBD tincture is infused with MCT oil. The tincture is the recommended product to try first. They also have gel caps with concentrated MCT oil. They have a dissolvable sleep tablet that infuses melatonin with CBD. They also have a topical pain cream. [31:30]
Don’t miss new blog posts! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise.