Chocolate-Orange Energy Bites (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free)
These Chocolate-Orange Hemp Energy Bites are vegan and paleo-friendly, gluten-free with no added sugars. They can be made quickly for a healthy treat.
If you have a sweet tooth like me, but you don’t want to eat too much sugar, then I think you are going to love these chocolate energy balls. They are sweetened with dates, and have that super yummy combination of orange and chocolate.
Orangey-ness can also come from using fresh zest:
If you like this recipe, you might also like my Chocolate Peppermint Energy Balls.
Here’s the printable recipe:Print
Chocolate-Orange Hemp Bites for a delicious, healthy treat.
- 1 1/2 cups organic raw almonds
- ½ cup organic hemp seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened organic dried coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- 1 scoop vitamin C powder made from whole foods (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon organic orange flavor or zest of one large orange
- ½ teaspoon ground organic Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 cup pitted organic unsulfured dates
- Add almonds, hemp seeds, coconut flakes, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vitamin C powder (optional), orange extract or zest, and cinnamon into the bowl of a food processor. Turn on high for about 30 seconds.
- Then, with the processor on high, feed the dates one by one into the tube of the food processor, and run for about 2 minutes, or until the ingredients start to form into a ball. Stop and use a spatula to scrape down the sides, if necessary.
- Use your hands to form the dough into 12-15 cookies, and refrigerate them until completely chilled before serving.
These energy bites will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 10-14 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake, food processor
- Cuisine: Vegan, paleo, gluten-free, healthy
Keywords: chocolate energy bites with dates