This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
These Chocolate-Orange Hemp Energy Bites are vegan and paleo-friendly, gluten-free with no added sugars. They can be made quickly for a healthy treat.
This is a post I first shared a few years ago, just after my husband had gotten a bad cold and was finally recovering. Thank goodness we have both avoided the flu so far this year. I hope you and yours are staying healthy.
Sugar is particularly draining on the immune system, but treats were necessary for our emotional health (ha), so I made these easy date-sweetened, raw cookies that have the delicious flavor combination of chocolate and orange, with the optional superfood ingredient of vitamin C powder made from whole foods (the powder is totally optional in this recipe).
Orangey-ness can also come from using fresh zest:
If you like this recipe, you might also like my Chocolate Peppermint Energy Balls.
Here’s the printable recipe for these Chocolate-Orange Hemp Energy Bites:Print
Chocolate-Orange Hemp Bites for a delicious, healthy treat.
- 1 1/2 cups organic raw almonds
- ½ cup organic hemp seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened organic dried coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
- 1 scoop vitamin C powder made from whole foods (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon organic orange flavor or zest of one large orange
- ½ teaspoon ground organic Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 cup pitted organic unsulfured dates
- Add almonds, hemp seeds, coconut flakes, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vitamin C powder (optional), orange extract or zest, and cinnamon into the bowl of a food processor. Turn on high for about 30 seconds.
- Then, with the processor on high, feed the dates one by one into the tube of the food processor, and run for about 2 minutes, or until the ingredients start to form into a ball. Stop and use a spatula to scrape down the sides, if necessary.
- Use your hands to form the dough into 12-15 cookies, and refrigerate them until completely chilled before serving.
These energy bites will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 10-14 days.
Other essential items recommended for this healthy dessert recipe:
Pin this Energy Bites recipe to save it for later!
READ NEXT: EASY DAIRY-FREE MANGO ICE CREAM
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!