An unusual, but delicious, twist on oatmeal.
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon unsalted tahini or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 cups curly kale, torn into small pieces
- ½ teaspoon green stevia powder OR 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional, for extra sweetness)
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds (optional, for topping)
- Combine oats, almond milk, banana, strawberries, cocoa powder, tahini or almond butter, and raisins in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil and immediately reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally so as not to burn. Add more almond milk if necessary. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until oats are softened.
- Place the kale on top of the mixture and stir in gently for 2-3 minutes, or until the kale has wilted slightly and is coated by the oat mixture.
- If you prefer extra sweetness, stir in the green stevia powder or maple syrup.
- Serve the oatmeal hot, topped with the ground flaxseed and/or hemp seeds.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Plant-based, vegan, dairy free, healthy
Keywords: Strawberry chocolate oatmeal with kale