This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
These Cinnamon Chickpea Crispies are such a fun snack to make using garbanzo beans, plus seasoning. The chickpeas get crispy with just a bit of coconut oil.
I wanted to share this recipe with you for Cinnamon Chickpea Crispies that I learned about on the Dr. Fuhrman section of the Dr. Oz show. The recipe featured on the show was for Italian Chickpea Popcorn, but I made a slightly different version.
How to Make Chickpea Crispies
I started with one can of garbanzo beans (also called chickpeas) that I drained, rinsed and put in a medium bowl. I then poured some coconut oil over them along with some cinnamon and dried herbs:
I then poured them onto a baking sheet and cooked them for 45 minutes at 350 degrees:
“Popcorn” is a pretty good description of the final product, they get really crunchy and delicate. I decided to call my version Cinnamon Chickpea Crispies.
These are so perfect as a healthy snack, I’ll be making them again!
Here is the printable recipe for my Cinnamon Chickpea Crispies:Print
This is such a fun snack to make using garbanzo beans, plus seasoning. The chickpeas get crispy with just a bit of coconut oil.
- 1 (15-ounce) can of garbanzo beans or 1 1/2 cups, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon no-salt seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine garbanzo beans, coconut oil, cinnamon, garlic powder and no-salt seasoning in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour onto a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring once during cooking. Sprinkle with salt when finished and serve hot or at room temperature.
I will be making these again!
Here’s a pinnable image for these Cinnamon Chickpea Crispies:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!