Cinnamon Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
This delicious Cinnamon Sweet Potato Bread is gluten-free and so delicious. You can toast it and serve it as an easy side dish or dessert. This recipe is vegan friendly as well, using flax eggs or chia eggs.
- Applesauce keeps the bread moist and reduces the amount of oil needed.
- Healthy sweet potatoes add a yummy flavor and extra nutrition and moisture. One slice of this bread has almost 10% of the RDA of vitamin A.
- Cinnamon creates a warm spicy, flavor that is so comforting and delicious.
- Gluten-free flour makes this recipe 100% gluten-free.
- You can easily substitute flax eggs to make this recipe vegan-friendly.
After preheating your oven, combine all of your wet ingredients in a bowl.
Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
Bake the bread for 65 minutes or until the top is golden. Let the bread cool before slicing it.
Please see the full printable recipe in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Bake the sweet potatoes up to 3 days before making the bread. By pre-baking the sweet potatoes, you save a lot of time on the day you make the bread. My favorite method is to make Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes.
- Use your favorite gluten-free flour blend. I like the Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free flour.
- Spray the pan with nonstick spray before baking. This will make it easier to get the bread out of the pan.
- Substitute flax eggs for a vegan version of this bread recipe. You can make a flax egg by mixing together 1 tablespoon of ground flax with 3 tablespoons of water.
- You can make the bread less sweet by using only 1 cup of coconut sugar (see my recipe notes for details).
- Let the bread cool completely before slicing with a serrated knife. I like to let it sit on my countertop for about an hour after baking.
- Store in a zip-top bag in the refrigerator for up to a week. Or, freeze the baked bread in an air-tight container for up to 2 months.
- Serve toasted or slightly warmed.
Other Healthy Bread & Muffin Recipes You Might Like
- Date Nut Bread (Grain-Free & Healthy)
- Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Muffins (Gluten-Free)
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Gluten-Free Cinnamon Flax Muffins
- Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Muffins (Grain-Free & Paleo)
Here is the printable recipe:Print
This delicious yeast-free Sweet Potato Bread is gluten-free and so delicious. You can toast it and serve it as an easy side dish or dessert.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups of cooked and cooled sweet potatoes (from about 2 medium or 1 large sweet potato)*
- 2 eggs, beaten (for vegan, you can use 2 flax eggs which is made by mixing 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed with 6 tablespoons of water)
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar**
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Spray a 1.5-quart loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cooked sweet potatoes, eggs, coconut oil, applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla. Use a spatula to mix together.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the top of the bread is golden brown.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack. Let the bread cool completely before slicing it.
*To cook sweet potatoes, preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Scrub the sweet potato and pat them dry. Use a fork to poke holes all around each potato. Lay the potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes, turning the potatoes once during the cooking process. Once they have cooled, remove the skins and place the sweet potato flesh in a bowl. Use a fork to mash them together. You can prepare the sweet potatoes up to 3 days ahead of time before making the bread.
**To make the bread less sweet, use 1 cup of coconut sugar and 1 3/4 cups of flour.
Store the bread in a large zip-top bag for up to a week in the refrigerator. The bread can be toasted or warmed slightly before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, healthy, paleo
Keywords: sweet potato dessert, how to use cooked sweet potatoes, cinnamon bread recipe