Last Updated on
Hello! Here’s a weekend reading round-up of nutrition news and notable recipes. I’m so dreading losing an hour tonight, but I guess it’s okay since it means spring is on the way. Enjoy these articles!
- A new study found that there’s little difference among diet plans’ long-term effectiveness. The key really is avoiding the junk and figuring out what clean foods work best for you.
- Do you know the difference between folate and folic acid? It’s REALLY important to make sure you’re getting the right type of folate. I recommend this one.
- A recent study looked at a group of women and discovered that higher waist and hip measures may add up to greater risk for heart attack. Yet another reason to stay active and fuel yourself with healthy foods.
- This article explains why it’s so important to invest in safer cleaning products. Using toxic cleaning products is as bad for your health as smoking! You can find non-toxic brands at almost any store now OR you can make your own natural cleaning products to save money.
- Here are 10 reasons you must let go of worry, plus some great worry-busting tips.
Recipes I’d Like to Try
- Bill and Hayley from Primal Palate shared their best ever gluten-free, grain-free and nut-free pizza crust. I bet this would be super delicious topped with fresh homemade pesto sauce, rotisserie chicken and sun dried tomatoes. This recipe uses Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour (use code CLEANEATING for 10% discount + free shipping over $35 during checkout).
- I’d really love to try these anti-inflammatory turmeric bars from Unbound Wellness.
From Clean Eating Kitchen
- Are you planning a trip soon? Here are some tips to stay healthy while traveling.
- I chatted with Marek Strojvus earlier this week about meal prepping tips to save money and time.
- I was a guest on episode 21 of the Funk’tional Nutrition Podcast this past week. We talked about my experience with orthorexia and my switch from a vegan to non-vegan diet.
You still have time to join my Clean Eating Challenge! The jumpstart challenge starts on Monday, March 12. And the 3-week challenge starts on April 2.
Don’t miss a post! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!