Welcome to the show notes for the second episode of Clean Eating for Women. Episode #2 is all about defining a clean eating diet and how to adapt it to the needs of women.
You can listen here or using your favorite podcast app (click through to my site here if you don’t see the player below):
In this episode, I talk about:
- What is clean eating? I share my definition and some of the reasons why we need to take women’s needs into account. Hello, hormones!
- My journey to health. I’ve dealt with everything from chronic migraines, panic attacks, cancer, PCOS, and eating disorders, and I talk about the evolution of my diet and thinking about food choices
- Resources to help
- Versions of a clean eating diet, ranging from gluten-free to soy-free, paleo, keto, and everything in between.
- Some reasons why aren’t women’s needs aren’t addressed in nutritional research (here’s an article on this topic)
- I discuss my very personal health history, including how my dad almost ended up on the street and how I decided that severe mental and physical health illness would not be my fate
- How recovering from thyroid cancer led to an over-fixation on healthy food and a recurrence of my eating disorder
- Why I left veganism and how difficult of a decision that was
- Some of my favorite clean eating resources and how we can connect
Links mentioned in this episode (some affiliate links included):
- My blog post about not being vegan anymore
- My clean eating transformation story
- Chris Kresser website and book, The Paleo Cure
- Website with referrals to functional medicine practitioners
- Laura Schoenfeld, RD, MPH website (ancestral health dietitian)
- Best podcasts for women’s health
- Eating disorders specialist, Theresa Barry-Greb (she can work over the phone!)
- My e-cookbook, Clean Eating Every Day (use code CLEANEATING for a discount)
- Paleo recipe Facebook group I use for recipe inspiration
- My Facebook page for recipe inspiration
How to join the Clean Eating for Women Community:
- Join the community on my NEW Facebook page, Clean Eating for Women.
- I’m also inviting you to the official podcast VIRTUAL launch party which will occur on 10/21/17. There will be great prizes; please mark yourself as “going” or “interested” to be entered to win.
- I’ve also created a private Facebook group for the podcast. It’s where you can ask questions or meet other listeners. You can request to join here. I can’t wait to connect with you there!
Show sponsors (use code CLEANEATING for discounts during checkout):
Don’t miss new blog posts! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!