This Easy Fresh Fruit Salad with Toasted Coconut is a healthy, naturally sweet dessert or snack that is perfect for kids or adults. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 mandarin oranges or tangerines
- 2 sweet red apples
- 2 ripe pears
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium jicama
- 1 small lime
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted*
- Peel the mandarin oranges and divide into segments, placing them into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Chop the apple, pears, and kiwi fruits into bite-sized pieces and add them to the bowl. Stir the fruit pieces together.
- Rinse any dirt of the jicama and use a vegetable peeler to peel off the skin. Chop the jicama into bite-sized chunks and add to the bowl. Stir one more time to combine.
- Juice the lime and pour the juice over the fruit. Sprinkle the coconut on top and stir well to combine.
Feel free to use whatever fresh fruit you prefer or is in season. You will need about 4 cups total.
*To toast the coconut, place it in a small, dry skillet over low heat. Let it heat up for about 3-4 minutes until it starts to brown. Stir occasionally, and be careful to not let it burn. Let the coconut cool for a few minutes before adding it to the fruit.