Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Muffins
If you’re looking for a grain-free and gluten-free healthy dessert recipe, then you’re going to love these Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, grain-free, paleo
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt, and chocolate chips. Stir and set the bowl aside.
- Grab a small mixing bowl and combine the eggs, applesauce, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar. Use a whisk to stir together the ingredients.
- Then, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Use a spoon to fill the muffin tins with the batter, filling each well about ½ full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins have turned golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffins to a drying rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or, place any leftovers in a zip-top bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
Keywords: paleo muffins, grain free muffins, healthy chocolate chip muffins