This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
Coconut and raspberries go great together in this delicious these Coconut Raspberry CBD Energy Bites. This recipe is gluten-free and grain-free.
Energy Bites are a Healthy Dessert or Snack
Energy bites are my #1 fav dessert to have in the house because they’re just sweet enough to count as a treat, but they’re not so decadent that I lose all control. I try to use dates to sweeten all my desserts – dates are a whole food with fiber and minerals and just don’t seem to have that addictive quality that refined sugars do.
This is not the first time I’ve posted an energy bite recipe, but it is the first time I’ve paired coconut and raspberry together. The raspberry comes from that red powder you see; I made it by grinding up freeze-dried raspberries (you can also buy raspberry powder…who knew?). These Coconut Raspberry Energy Bites are so fun and tasty!
I’d venture to say that energy bites count as a superfood depending on which ingredients you decide to use. I love using a mixture of hemp seeds and sprouted seeds for the base, and then adding coconut oil as the binder and dates to sweeten. From that simple recipe, there are countless possibilities to jazz them up or make them seasonal in flavor.
Raspberry & Coconut Flavors
As I mentioned, this is the first time I’ve used coconut and raspberries together, and they make a beautiful pairing. Raspberries might not be exactly seasonal right now, but let’s just say I’m gearing up for summer (it was over 85 degrees in California earlier this week and sure felt like summer).
CBD Oil is an Optional Ingredient
The last “special” ingredient for this recipe was the addition of CBD oil. I am enjoying the results I’ve gotten from using CBD regularly, including reduced anxiety, lower inflammation, and better sleep.
How Much CBD Oil to Use?
If you’re not into CBD, no worries, just leave it out! It won’t make a difference to the texture or flavor either way. I used 1ml of the 3,000mg tincture which would result in 100mg of CBD for the entire batch of energy bites, or less than 10mg per serving.
And, just in case you were wondering, you might want to hold off on giving any CBD products to children. There is some published literature on pediatric dosing, but more research is needed before I would feel comfortable making any recommendations.
Items recommended for this Coconut Raspberry CBD Energy Bites recipe (some affiliate links included):
- Freeze-dried organic raspberry powder
- Food processor (I have this one and adore it)
- Medterra CBD tinctures (use code CLEANEATNG for 20% off your order!!!)
- Organic hemp seeds (also called hemp hearts)
- Sprouted organic pumpkin seeds
Here’s the printable recipe for my Coconut Raspberry CBD Energy Bites:Print
An easy CBD-infused dessert recipe that is grain-free and gluten-free.
- 1.2 ounce bag of freeze-dried raspberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- .5-1 ml of CBD oil
- Pour the contents of the freeze-dried raspberries into the base of a food processor. Turn on high until the raspberries are ground up into a fine powder, about 20 seconds.
- Pour the raspberry powder onto a plate and set aside.
- Next, combine the pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, dates, coconut powder, coconut oil, and CBD oil into the base of your food processor. Process on high until the ingredients have turned into a coarse batter, about 60 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and use your hands to shape the batter into 12 energy bites, rolling each one in the raspberry powder as a coating.
- Refrigerate the energy bites for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator and consume within 7 days of making.
Leave out the CBD oil if you prefer.
If you want to purchase products from Medterra, be sure to use code CLEANEATING during checkout to save 20%!
Pin this Raspberry CBD Energy Bites recipe to save it for later:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!