Raspberry Coconut Date Balls
Coconut and raspberries make a delicious combination in these Coconut Date Balls. This recipe is gluten-free and so easy to make.
Energy bites are a great healthy dessert to have on hand because they’re sweet, but not too sweet. Dates are a whole food with fiber and minerals.
I’d venture to say that energy bites count as a superfood depending on which ingredients you decide to use. I love using a mixture of hemp seeds and sprouted seeds for the base, and then adding coconut oil as the binder and dates to sweeten. From that simple recipe, there are countless possibilities to jazz them up or make them seasonal in flavor.
This is not the first time I’ve posted an energy bite recipe, but it is the first time I’ve paired coconut and raspberry together. The raspberry comes from that red powder you see; I made it by grinding up freeze-dried raspberries (you can also buy raspberry powder…who knew?). These Coconut Raspberry Date Balls are so fun and tasty!
You really only need five ingredients for these healthy, no-bake cookies, including:
- Freeze-dried organic raspberry powder
- Organic hemp seeds (also called hemp hearts)
- Sprouted organic pumpkin seeds
- Pitted medjool dates
- Coconut oil
You will also need a food processor to make this recipe (I have this one and adore it).
Make your raspberry powder by blending the freeze-dried raspberries in the base of your food processor.
Combine the hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut oil, and dates in the base of your food processor.
Use your hands to form the balls, and then roll them in the raspberry powder.
Be sure to see the full printable recipe in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
More Healthy Cookie Recipes
If you liked this recipe, you might like my other healthy cookie recipes, including:
- Banana-Sweetened Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Energy Balls
- Edible Cookie Dough (vegan, paleo, gluten-free)
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here’s the printable recipe:Print
You are going to love this easy Raspberry Coconut Date Ball recipe for an easy snack or dessert.
- 1.2 ounce bag of freeze-dried raspberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pour the contents of the freeze-dried raspberries into the base of a food processor. Turn on high until the raspberries are ground up into a fine powder, about 20 seconds.
- Pour the raspberry powder onto a plate and set aside.
- Next, combine the pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, dates, coconut powder, and coconut oil into the base of your food processor. Process on high until the ingredients have turned into a coarse batter, about 60 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and use your hands to shape the batter into 12 energy bites, rolling each one in the raspberry powder as a coating.
- Refrigerate the energy bites for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator and consume within 7 days of making.
You can freeze any leftovers in a tightly-sealed zip-top bag for up to 2 months after making them.
This recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No-bake, food processor
- Cuisine: Vegan, gluten-free, paleo
Keywords: energy bites, energy balls, date balls