Crockpot Mexican Chicken and Rice (Gluten-Free)
This healthy and satisfying Crockpot Mexican Chicken & Rice recipe is the perfect make-ahead dish for busy weeknights. Set it early and later enjoy a flavorful, one-pot meal.
I think you’re really going love this easy chicken dinner. You cook the chicken and the rice at the same time, so it’s a one-pot dish that even kids will eat.
- This one-pot meal is one of the easiest things you will ever make.
- Prep for this dish is only 15 minutes.
- You likely have all of the ingredients you need on hand.
- Substitute chicken thighs for the chicken cutlets, if you prefer.
- Double the recipe and freeze the leftovers for up to two months.
Gather all of your ingredients.
As always, please do see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Stir everything except for the lemon juice and avocado into the bowl of your slow-cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours until the rice is tender.
Add the lemon juice and ladle into individual bowls. Top with sliced avocado and serve.
- If you prefer, use chicken thighs instead of chicken cutlets.
- Double this recipe for easy lunches all week or freeze for an even easier dinner later on.
- Top reheated leftovers with freshly sliced avocado. This dish is also great served with additional fresh or jarred salsa or Cucumber Pico de Gallo.
Other Healthy Crockpot Chicken Recipes You Might Like
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs with Green Chilis
- Crockpot Coconut Chicken Stew
- Easy Crockpot Chicken and Cabbage
- Sweet Potato Coconut Chicken Curry
Or, see my entire index of healthy slow cooker recipes.
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
This healthy and satisfying Crockpot Mexican Chicken & Rice recipe is the perfect make-ahead dish for busy weeknights. Set it in the early afternoon and then enjoy a flavorful one-pot meal.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, rinsed well and drained
- 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 5-ounce can green chiles
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 avocado, sliced (for topping)
- In the base of a 5-quart or larger Crockpot, combine the rice, chicken, onion, chicken broth, salsa, green chiles, and black beans. Stir gently to combine.
- Place the lid on the pot and set the temperature to high. Cook for 4-6 hours or until the rice is tender.
- Remove the lid and stir in the lemon juice. Use a ladle to pour the dish into individual bowls. Top each serving with a couple of avocado slices.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container for up to 4 days.
- You can freeze any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container for up to 2 months.
- You can substitute chicken thighs for the chicken breasts, if you prefer.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Crockpot slow cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: rice in the slow cooker, crockpot chicken dinner, chicken and rice in crockpot
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.