Acai Strawberry Smoothie Without Dairy
You’re going to love this dairy-free Acai Smoothie made with coconut, strawberries, and bananas. This vegan recipe is perfect for a delicious breakfast or snack.
Have you ever seen Acai before? It’s most commonly sold as an Acai Smoothie Bowl in natural food restaurants and smoothie bars. Acai is a berry that comes from palm trees that grow in the rainforests of South America.
Acai berries are renowned for their high levels of antioxidants, and they have been studied for their ability to reduce cholesterol levels, improve heart health, and to even help fight cancer. Fresh acai berries are very high in vitamin C.
In addition to the potential health benefits of eating acai, the berries taste great too! It’s not that common to find the fresh fruit, though. You can buy acai in the frozen fruit section of most quality grocery stores. Look for unsweetened acai puree sold in small packets.
You can also purchase acai powder and acai juice, but this superfood smoothie uses the frozen acai packets.
This Acai Coconut Smoothie is so easy to make. You only need five ingredients (be sure to check the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact measurements).
By the way, you don’t need to defrost frozen acai before using. Just hold the packet under some warm running water, and then use scissors or a paring knife to slice open the package.
Blend for about 30 seconds, or until smooth. The texture of this smoothie is smooth, with just a little bit of the dried coconut. You don’t need any added sugars since the berries and the banana add great natural sweetness.
Expert Tips & Substitutions
- This recipe doesn’t have any added protein, so if you want to serve it as meal replacement, you might want to add a scoop of protein powder (see my list of the best clean protein powders). You could also add a tablespoon or two of chia seeds or flax seeds to add more protein and fatty acids.
- If you aren’t on a vegan or dairy-free diet, you can feel free to use greek yogurt in place of the almond milk in this recipe.
- If you want to make this vegan smoothie even more filling, you can replace the almond milk with coconut milk.
There is not a lot of research on using acai for weight loss. However, there is research showing that it may have cardiovascular and metabolic benefits.
Other Healthy Smoothie Recipes You Might Like
- Anti-Cancer Breakfast Smoothie
- Banana Peach Smoothie with Peanut Butter
- Broccoli Sprout Smoothie
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Orange Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Cauliflower Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Blackberry Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup dried, shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 frozen bananas, broken into large chunks
- 1 frozen acai packet, removed from the packaging
- Combine the almond milk, coconut, strawberries, bananas, and acai into the base of a high-speed blender.
- Process on high for about 30 seconds, or until the ingredients are completely combined.
- Serve cold.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- You don’t need to defrost frozen acai before using. Just hold the packet under some warm running water, and then use scissors or a paring knife to slice open the package.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: acai strawberry smoothie, acai banana smoothie, acai coconut smoothie