An easy blender Dairy-Free Cream of Tomato soup that can be made in minutes.
- 1 26-ounce box of crushed or chopped tomatoes
- 2–3 tablespoons of raw organic cashews or macadamia nuts (about 10-12) OR ½ of a large avocado*
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 10–12 fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil or oregano
- ¼ cup filtered water
- Combine the tomatoes, nuts OR avocado, herbs, and water in the pitcher of a blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds on high or until the ingredients become fully combined with a creamy texture.
- Blend the soup for an additional 4 minutes until steaming hot, OR transfer mixture to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Serve hot, with freshly-ground black pepper, if desired.
*If you do not have a high-speed blender such as a Blendtec, I recommend using the avocado instead of the nuts to ensure you have a creamy texture to your soup.