This Dairy-Free Tomato Basil Soup recipe is creamy and so delicious. You only need four ingredients and 10 minutes to make this vegan, gluten-free, and paleo blender soup.
- 1 26-ounce box of crushed or chopped tomatoes
- 2–3 tablespoons of raw organic cashews or macadamia nuts OR ½ of a large avocado*
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 10–12 fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil or oregano
- ¼ cup filtered water
- Combine the tomatoes, nuts OR avocado, herbs, and water in the pitcher of a blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds on high or until the ingredients become fully combined with a creamy texture.
- Blend the soup for an additional 4 minutes until steaming hot, OR transfer mixture to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Serve hot, with freshly-ground black pepper, if desired.
- *If you do not have a high-speed blender such as a Blendtec, I recommend using the avocado instead of the nuts to ensure you have a creamy texture to your soup.
- If you have a high-speed blender like a Blendtec or a Vitamix, you can actually heat the soup to simmering right in your blender. If you have a regular blender, you can blend the ingredients and then transfer the soup to the stovetop to heat it for serving.
- You can use any type of crushed or canned tomatoes you like, but check the ingredient label to see if salt is included. If it is, then you don’t need to add any extra salt to the soup
- Serve the soup with some pasta salad or gluten-free toast on the side.
- Feel free to use dried basil if you don’t have any fresh leaves.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Dairy-Free
Keywords: vegan cream of tomato soup, dairy-free soup, blender tomato soup