Creamy Avocado Spread
I think you are really going to love this recipe for Creamy Avocado Spread that you can serve on toast, crackers, or sandwiches. This recipe is dairy-free and gluten-free.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Spread
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 large ripe Haas avocados
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed with the bottom half of the stems cut off*
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- Peel and pit the avocados and place the flesh in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, and water.
- Process on high until the ingredients are smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Serve immediately, or place in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
* You can substitute a small bunch of flat-leaf parsley for the cilantro, if you prefer.
Keywords: dairy free avocado spread, smashed avocado recipe, avocado dressing