This Vegan Potato Leek Soup is an easy recipe that you can make to warm up on a cold day. This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free, with no coconut.
- 2 cups baked russet potatoes (from about 2 medium cooked potatoes), skin removed
- 1/3 cooked chopped leeks
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for at least 15 minutes, and then drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional, for topping)
- chopped fresh chives (optional, for topping)
- Combine the potatoes, leeks, almond milk, broth, salt, and cashews in the base of a high-speed blender.
- Blend until completely combined, about 30-45 seconds.
- Blend for an additional 5-6 minutes until hot, or transfer to a saucepan and heat to simmering on the stovetop.
- Serve with a grind of black pepper and a sprinkle of fresh chives, if desired.
Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.