With summer just around the corner, we’re all taking time off and going on a tropical island vacation soon, right? No? That’s okay, me neither.
But, we can pretend by making a dairy-free version of ice cream that will transport you to vacation bliss with every luscious spoonful. As well as being completely vegan, this recipe is also only sweetened with the fruit and dates with the lovely balance of vanilla bean and coconut.
Here are the ingredients:
They get blended up before freezing:
Then, the mixture goes into the ice cream maker for 30 minutes and transforms into this:
The vanilla beans totally made this recipe. Here was my bowl (x2):
Here is the printable recipe for the ice cream:Print
Tropical Ice Cream 6 servings
- 1 cup frozen pineapple (you can also use fresh or canned)
- 1 cup frozen mango (you can also use fresh)
- 1 13.5-ounce can organic, natural coconut milk
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 ½ cups Medjool dates
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- De-frost the frozen pineapple and mango in the refrigerator overnight. Place the coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least four hours or overnight to chill thoroughly.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the ends of the vanilla beans and down the middle of each pod. Use the flat side of the knife to remove the seeds. Add the vanilla bean seeds along with the pineapple, mango, coconut milk, dates, and soy milk into a high-speed blender. Process on high until smooth.
- Pour the contents into the bowl of an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for processing. In general, the ice cream needs to churn for about 30 minutes.
- Pour the ice cream into an air-tight container and place in the freezer for an additional four hours before serving.
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance!