- 1 1/2 cups chopped dark chocolate (about 2 3.5-ounce dark chocolate bars)
- 1 1/2 cups roasted whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa or cacao powder
- Line a small baking sheet or plate with parchment paper. Use a baking sheet or plate that will fit inside your freezer.
- Place the chopped dark chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in the double boiler or in 30 second increments in the microwave, stirring the chocolate every 30 seconds until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove the chocolate from the double boiler or the microwave. Stir the almonds into the melted chocolate, ensuring that they are all coated with the chocolate.
- Use a spoon or fork to transfer the coated almonds to your baking sheet or plate. Place the sheet or plate in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to set.
- Transfer the chocolate covered almonds to a bowl and toss with the cacao powder.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- If you are on a vegan or dairy-free diet, be sure to look for bars of dark chocolate that do not contain dairy.
- Dark chocolate is usually at least 70% cacao. Don’t use 100% cacao bars (or any higher than 80% cacao) as the chocolate will not be sweet enough.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Holiday
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: healthy dark chocolate almonds, best dark chocolate almonds, dark chocolate covered almonds