When life gets busy, I love a quick and easy treat like these Date-Hemp Energy Balls. Make these quickly and store them in your fridge to snack on all week!
With the natural sweetness from dates and no refined sugar, this is a healthy recipe for active kids and adults.
For most of the desserts in my kitchen, I use dates as my sweetener (see all my dessert recipes from over the years here).
Medjool dates are so plump and moist, and have the added benefit of being chock full of minerals and fiber.
I combined whole dates with hemp and pumpkin seeds in this recipe, plus carob, vanilla, coconut flour, and coconut oil. I rolled the Hemp-Date Balls in some toasted coconut at the end to make ’em pretty.
That’s it, no added sugar necessary.
You will need a food processor (I like this one), but then you just use your hands to make the balls. A tablespoon of coconut oil helps to bind the ingredients. You end up with a flakey, chewy, and oh-so-satisfying treat for your next coffee or tea break, depending on how much energy you actually want, ha.Print
A delicious and satisfying healthy treat, these Date-Hemp Energy Balls are super easy and great for kids.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 10 large)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon carob or cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons toasted shredded coconut for topping (optional)
- Combine the pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, pitted dates, coconut flour, carob or cocoa powder, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse on high to combine; about 45 seconds total.
- Pour the mixture into a medium mixing bowl and use your hands to form 12 energy balls.
- If desired, place the toasted coconut on a plate and roll each ball over the coconut as a topping.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 65
Be sure to pin this Date-Hemp Energy Bite recipe to your favorite Pinterest board!
I am such a fan of making these easy no-bake bites. I’m working on an e-book with all my fav recipes. Be sure to join my weekly newsletter list so you don’t miss a recipe or the e-book when it’s ready.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!