You’re going to love these easy Vegan Energy Balls that are also gluten-free.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 10 large)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons toasted shredded coconut for topping (optional)*
- Combine the pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, pitted dates, coconut flour, cocoa powder, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse on high to combine; about 45 seconds total.
- Pour the mixture into a medium mixing bowl and use your hands to form 12 energy balls.
- If desired, place the toasted coconut on a plate and roll each ball over the coconut as a topping.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
*To toast the coconut, place it in a dry skillet over low heat. Let the coconut toast for about 3-4 minutes, being careful to not let it burn.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Vegan, gluten-free, healthy
Keywords: how to make energy balls using dates and nuts, gluten-free cookies, no-bake vegan cookies