Welcome to the show notes for episode #6 my podcast, Clean Eating for Women. This one is all about discovering and managing food sensitivities, especially in managing symptoms as part of a health journey.
Even if you don’t have a smartphone, you can listen here (click through to my site if you don’t see the player below). Or, find Clean Eating for Women on your favorite podcast app.
In this episode about food sensitivities, I talk about:
- Signs and symptoms of food sensitivities
- How to determine which ones you might have
- Management of food sensitivities (and how not to go crazy doing so)!
- The important distinction between food allergies and food sensitivities
- How an unknown dairy sensitivity might have been the beginning of my health problems, combined with birth control pills and eating too much sugar
- How I developed chronic hives after I started eating more legumes and whole grains
- The different types of tests you can do, including one at home!
- How to figure out on your own which foods you might be reacting to
- The challenges of managing your known sensitivities…and some practical ways so you don’t go crazy
- A new definition of health, even if you are still experiencing many symptoms
Links mentioned in this episode (some affiliate links included):
- A description of the differences between allergies and sensitivities
- The Paleo Approach book by Sara Ballantyne, PhD
- Cell Science Alcat testing (the one I’ve done twice)
- Dr. Axe Elimination diet for figuring out food sensitivities
- Cyrex Labs, I did the gluten cross-reactivity test
- KBMO Diagnostics Food Inflammation Test, I want to do this one in the future
- List of top 8 allergens
Don’t miss new blog posts! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise.