No Sugar Crockpot Applesauce
Learn how to make No Sugar Crockpot Applesauce for a healthy homemade treat that is perfect for fall. This recipe is easy and great for kids.
- This recipe is so simple and delicious! All you need are fresh, sweet apples such as Fuji or Honeycrisp.
- The only ingredients are apples, raisins, ground cinnamon, and a little bit of water, so this is a real food recipe that is vegan, gluten free, paleo, and super clean. You don’t even need any sugar in this applesauce recipe.
- This Crockpot Applesauce can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 2 months. Just defrost it in the refrigerator and serve it cold.
You aren’t going to believe how easy this recipe is to throw together. I like to get it ready early in the morning and have it done by dinnertime. Or, I’ve also put it together in the evening and then have it ready by morning. Here’s how I made my applesauce recipe with no sugar.
Step 1: Wash the apples and pat them dry. I like to use between 10-12 whole red apples, such as Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Pink Lady. Stay away from Red Delicious. The best apples to use for applesauce are ones that are naturally very sweet. You can use green apples for applesauce, but it will be pretty tart.
Step 2: Chop the apples into big chunks, removing the core, and throw them in a big crockpot (I like this one). If you have a small crockpot, try using only 8-10 apples. Sprinkle some cinnamon (2 teaspoons or so) on top, add the water and raisins, and set on high for 5 hours.
Step 3: Once the applesauce is done cooking, just give it a big stir to help break up the apples and distribute the raisins and cinnamon. You can serve the applesauce warm or transfer it to a glass container with a lid to refrigerator and serve later. The applesauce will taste the sweetest when it is chilled.
This homemade applesauce is one of my favorite recipes to make and I think kids would dig it, too. My husband loves it and he’s kind of a big kid, ha ha!
Don’t miss my Instant Pot Cinnamon Raisin Applesauce if you prefer to use a pressure cooker.
Here’s the printable recipe:Print
This no sugar applesauce is an easy, healthy dessert.
- 10 medium-size organic sweet red apples such as Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Pink Lady
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Cut apples into large chunks and place in a large crockpot.
- Stir in the water, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Cook on high for 5 hours (or on low for up to 12 hours). When the applesauce is done cooking, remove the lid and stir the applesauce well.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator. For optimal sweetness, eat cold.
You can freeze the applesauce in a tightly sealed container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost it in the refrigerator and serve cold.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: vegan, healthy, sugar free
Keywords: how to make applesauce in the crockpot, sugar free applesauce, slow cooker applesauce recipe