This is the easiest way to make homemade applesauce. Simply place the ingredients in a slow-cooker. Serve cold for optimal sweetness.
- 12 organic sweet red apples (I prefer Fuji, Honecrip, or Pink Lady)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- Cut apples into large chunks and place in a slow cooker.
- Stir in cinnamon and raisins, if using. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours (or on low for up to 12 hours), stirring once during cooking. Cool and store in the refrigerator. For optimal sweetness, eat cold.