This no sugar applesauce is an easy, healthy dessert.
- 10 medium-size organic sweet red apples such as Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Pink Lady
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Cut apples into large chunks and place in a large crockpot.
- Stir in the water, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Cook on high for 5 hours (or on low for up to 12 hours). When the applesauce is done cooking, remove the lid and stir the applesauce well.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator. For optimal sweetness, eat cold.
You can freeze the applesauce in a tightly sealed container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost it in the refrigerator and serve cold.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: vegan, healthy, sugar free
Keywords: how to make applesauce in the crockpot, sugar free applesauce, slow cooker applesauce recipe