- 10 medium-size organic sweet red apples such as Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Pink Lady
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Cut apples into large chunks and place in a large crockpot.
- Stir in the water, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Cook on high for 5 hours (or on low for up to 12 hours). When the applesauce is done cooking, remove the lid and stir the applesauce well.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator. For optimal sweetness, eat cold.
- If you have pears on hand, you can do a mix of apples and pears in this recipe.
- If your kids don’t like cinnamon or raisins, just leave them out.
- Store the applesauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Or, you can freeze any leftovers for up to 2 months. Defrost before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 26.4 g
- Sodium: 2.9 mg
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.2 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: how to make applesauce in the crockpot, sugar free applesauce, slow cooker applesauce recipe