Going dairy-free doesn’t mean you have to give up ice cream! This version is made using coconut milk, with fresh or frozen mango chunks, and maple syrup to sweeten. This is a healthy and refreshing dessert that everyone will love.
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk (with BPA-free lining and no additives, preferably)
- seeds from one fresh vanilla pod (or, ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract)
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled with the pit removed or 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator until chilled thoroughly.Combine coconut milk, vanilla, mango, and maple syrup in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the base of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.