These Easy Happy Fish Bites with Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce are a perfect easy lunch or dinner for kids! This recipe is gluten-free and full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- 3 Happy Fish bites (frozen)
- ½ teaspoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted and unsweetened peanut butter (feel free to substitute almond butter)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon hot water (you can use more if necessary to create the right consistency)
- Heat a small skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Add the avocado oil.
- After a minute or two, remove the Happy Fish bites from the packaging and add to the skillet. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Use a spatula to turn the Happy Fish over and cook for 3-4 more minutes, or until the fish has cooked through. Transfer the fish to a plate to cool slightly so it’s not too hot to eat with your hands.
- In the meantime, make the dipping sauce by combining the peanut butter, honey, tamari, and hot water in a small glass dish. Use a whisk to combine. Add more hot water if necessary to create the right consistency for dipping.
- Serve the Happy Fish bites with the dipping sauce.
3 Happy Fish without the peanut butter sauce has 210 kcal, 13.5 g fat, 565 mg sodium, 0 carbs, and 20 grams of protein.